Jr. Academy Program
Sew Fabulous Studio & Academy’s Jr. Academy Program is exactly what is says. Young Future Fashion Designers, Makeup Artist and Business Entrepreneurs can get a head start by being enrolled in Jr. Academy.
Jr. Academy is an actual enrollment for students who range in age from 13 to 17. Students start earning their certification in their selected field of study while they are still in grade school. Classes are held late afternoon and evening to accommodate their grade school schedule.
This program is designed to give students a jump start by allowing them to start and or complete the beginners course level before completing grade school.
Although students are earning and working towards completing SFSA’s Beginners Course, JRA classes are instructed on a level that is designed towards their level of comprehension and pace.
Jr. Academy students participate and receive the same benefits and opportunities as a regular enrolled Sew Fabulous Studio & Academy Adult student.
Note: some classes may run longer than 2-hours, depending on your stopping point.
Jr. Academy Beginner Courses:
- Machine Knowledge and Maintenance
- Supplies and Materials
- Fabric and Fiber Knowledge
- Trims and Addons
- Body Consciousness
- Body Measurements
- Sewing & Creating
- Pattern Knowledge and Alteration
- Reading and Creating from a Pattern
- Hand Skills & Techniques
- Creating by Professional Dress Form/Mannequin
- Pattern Drafting
- Designing and Creating for your Body Style
- Creating your own Patterns
- Student Fashion Showcase
- Fashion Show Participation
Supplies (Included in enrollment for all In-Studio Students)
- Online Courses
- Step by Step Video Tutorial
- Online Instructor Access
- Special Online Projects (only available online)
- Assignment Posting
- Challenges and Rewards
- Pattern Downloads
- Secure 24-Hour Online Student Learning Portal (access with instructions, chat, demo, etc.)
Muslin is provided by Sew Fabulous Studio & Academy. Some supplies and materials will be the responsibility of the student and are determined by project.